A musical voyage of discovery: Music by female composers for classical guitar.
The daughter of legendary guitarist Mauro Giuliani, a legendary French virtuoso, the musician from the court of Queen Victoria, a tango composer, music from legends like Gubaidulina… beautiful, intense sounds of a still unknown field of classical music.
Already at the beginning of the nineteenth century, highly virtuoso works and also many romantic character pieces were written for the then fashionable instrument of the lady. Madame Sidney Pratten, who besides concert activities and composition was also the guitar teacher of the children of Queen Victoria, stands here as an example of today’s almost forgotten, but at that time very successful career as a female artist. In the twentieth century, in addition to the virtuosos who write for their own instrument, there are also more and more female composers who additionally compose for guitar, in particular Sofia Gubaidulina and Sylvie Bodorova.
Pleasant and beautiful music by yet to be discovered female composers, a program for musical gourmets!
Charismatic guitarist creating romantic soul images. (Frankfurter Neue Presse)
- Emilia Giuliani – Variationen über ein Thema von Rossini
- Nadia Gerber – Traverse
- Madame Sidney Pratten – Four Songs without words: Eventide – Forgotten – Weary – Sadness
- Sofia Gubaidulina *1931 – Serenade
- Madame Sidney Pratten – Carneval of Venise
- Lilith Guegamian *1971 – Dans le souffle du temps
- Sylvie Bodorova *1954 – Elegie
- Noelia Escalzo *1979 – Guitarrera: Tango – Milonga – Zamba- Chacarera/ Malambo
- Claudia Montero – Lagrimas de Buenos Aires
- Claudia Montero – Tres colores de Buenos Aires: Azul – Gris- Rojo
Heike Matthiesen, Guitar
ALBUM GUITAR LADIES (2016)
A musical voyage of discovery: Female composers for the guitar. Already at the beginning of the nineteenth century, highly virtuoso works and also many romantic character pieces were written for the then fashionable instrument of the lady. Pleasant and beautiful music by yet to be discovered female composers, a program for musical gourmets!Listen Album
BOOKING REQUESTS & INFOS
Haydn 1791 Performing Arts Management | Heike Matthiesen | +49 172 123 45 67 | firstname.lastname@example.org